California Convention--10 ft 2" Fazioli

Nelson. Gene (MSA) nelsong@SacCounty.NET
Sun, 16 Jan 2005 07:12:48 -0800

Sorry for not posting our web address before I went to bed - and I
suppose that I assumed that folks would see the address on Dale's
thread.
David lives in Southern California and is not a PTG member. I will let
him know of the interest expressed here and he may want to join the
forum to talk about it. I have heard it over the telephone and I will
say that the lowest notes sound well defined. To have it show up at the
conference was only a dream as there is still finish work to be done.
But he will be there to show and tell.
Gene Nelson Sacramento Valley Chapter

	-----Original Message-----
	From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org
[mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of Overs Pianos
	Sent: Sunday, January 16, 2005 2:11 AM
	To: Pianotech
	Subject: Re: California Convention--10 ft 2" Fazioli
=0D
	Hi Calin and all,

		Please tell us, what's the addres of the photos?

	Go to;

	http://www.sacptg.org/classdata/dr.htm

	This piano looks like a lot of good contemporary thinking went
into its design. A good area of cut-off, a small sound board area in the
treble behind the bridge, a sensible spacing of the back beam contact
with the belly rail, a log scale bass section - very likely the first
ever to be built into a concert piano, generously proportioned back
beams with two full width cross beams, a nicely positioned diagonal
plate strut to help control nasty strut resonances. It has a full eight
octave compass and looks to have quite a tight strike scale spread - so
the key splay should be minimised.

	This has to be one of the most interesting and well thought out
concert pianos of the past decade at least. Look forward to hearing some
reports on its tonal qualities if it makes the convention.

	 Anyone have any contact details for David Rubenstein?

	Ron O.
	--=0D
	OVERS PIANOS - SYDNEY
	   Grand Piano Manufacturers
	_______________________
=0D
	Web http://overspianos.com.au
	mailto:ron@overspianos.com.au
	_______________________

___________________________________________________________________________=
________________________________
This email and any attachments thereto may contain private, confidential,=
 and privileged material for the
sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, copying, or distribution of=
 this email (or any attachments
thereto) by other than the County of Sacramento or the intended recipient=
 is strictly prohibited.

If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender=
 immediately and permanently
delete the original and any copies of this email and any attachments=
 thereto.