California Convention--10 ft 2" Fazioli

Calin Tantareanu calin.tantareanu@gmx.net
Sun, 16 Jan 2005 14:39:32 +0200

Re: California Convention--10 ft 2" FazioliHi Ron O!

Now Iremember I've seen this website before. I wonder how the Rubenstein =
piano sounds, hopefull better than the Boesendorfer 290. Did anybody on =
this list play it? Or are there recordings available?
I understood that Del Fandrich was a consultant for the project and that =
it has a steel frame, welded together.
I'd love to see more pictures of the finished piano, and a few close-ups =
of the capo bar and agraffes area.

 Calin Tantareanu
 http://calintantareanu.tripod.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Overs Pianos=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Sunday, January 16, 2005 12:11 PM
  Subject: Re: California Convention--10 ft 2" Fazioli

  Hi Calin and all,

    Please tell us, what's the addres of the photos?

  Go to;

  http://www.sacptg.org/classdata/dr.htm

  This piano looks like a lot of good contemporary thinking went into =
its design. A good area of cut-off, a small sound board area in the =
treble behind the bridge, a sensible spacing of the back beam contact =
with the belly rail, a log scale bass section - very likely the first =
ever to be built into a concert piano, generously proportioned back =
beams with two full width cross beams, a nicely positioned diagonal =
plate strut to help control nasty strut resonances. It has a full eight =
octave compass and looks to have quite a tight strike scale spread - so =
the key splay should be minimised.

  This has to be one of the most interesting and well thought out =
concert pianos of the past decade at least. Look forward to hearing some =
reports on its tonal qualities if it makes the convention.

   Anyone have any contact details for David Rubenstein?

  Ron O.
--=20

  OVERS PIANOS - SYDNEY
     Grand Piano Manufacturers