California Convention

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Fri, 14 Jan 2005 23:22:24 EST

To All Piano Tech's
   The   California State PTG Convention will be held Feb 10 -13 At CSU
Sacramento. Imo  This is quite an innovative and exciting attempt at a different
type of format.  The big difference is that it is being held on a very lovely
spacious &  nicely laid out Campus surrounded by redwoods & not in a hotel. (I
for  one like this idea)

     My long time friend & colleague  Peter Clark is the head technician at
CSUS & has ,with his  chapter, gone to extra ordinary efforts to bring Not only
 a very strong line up of Classes but also the opportunity for technicians,
music  teachers, students ,educators & the Musical public to play & view A
Myriad of pianos at the Piano fair.   The Piano fair will be staged in a  huge
exhibit hall in conjunction with  the usual Piano parts companies  & suppliers
reserved  in a special area  for just  techs.

  Many top flight instructors with many new  classes are on tap.for the
technical institute. The institute line up ais  awesome

  Piano makers & rebuilders will be displaying their  products in a large
venue providing  the pleasure of hearing  several concerts in different Venues on
different Instruments.
   David Andersen Piano & I will be  bringing Several rebuilt/restored pianos
for display. David will bring  a recently  Rebuilt 9 ft. Mason & Hamlin for
Display & Purview.
  Erwin's Piano Restoration will be bringing  a recently rebuilt Steinway D
(new everything) & 6 ft post victorian  Weber grand Both with new
Bellies,finish& Custom balanced  actions . The Steinway D will be on display & also in a
jazz  recital during the convention.

 Also exiting news is that the Mason & Hamlin  Company is debuting the newly
resurrected 9  ft 4 inch CC concert  grand for the sat night concert. I
believe the Kawai  dealer is also bring a 9 ft Kawai to another concert. It will be
refreshing to see & hear so  many types of musical expereinces  available on
instruments made & Restored by a variety of  private &  corporate companies.
  Also associates members are offered intensive classes  for upgrading to RPT
status.

 For early registration prices register prior  to Sat Jan 15th. See the Sac
ptg.Org for details on nearby hotels & class  descriptions. Special prices of
$100.00 is offered  to the friends & family of techs wishing to bring a non
PTGA friend or  family member for a nominal cost. This is also a cool first which
allows you to  bring folks to experience a convention at a low  cost.

 Don't miss out. This will be a great one at a bargain  price of $200.00
Forget the recent round of intense weather. By then the sun  will be shining and
Nor Cal is beautiful in Feb.

See you all there!!!
  Dale Erwin

Erwin's  Pianos Restorations