Pitch Raise and String Breakage

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Fri, 14 Jan 2005 17:41:42 -0800

Teplitski's Pianos and Plumbing Service?
David I.

Original message
From: Carl Teplitski
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: Pitch Raise and String Breakage

Problem with our business is that it's a luxury, whereas, a=
 refrigerator, stove,
furnace, A/C are essentials to living.  Can't see anyone leaving=
 a furnace not
working  for ten years, and fixing it so a house could be sold.  =

How do we make piano lessons mandatory, because apparently,=
 lessons
enhance a persons grey cells. ( or so I've read ) .

Carl / Winnipeg

Terry wrote:
As I wrote recently, FWIW: I recently had my refrigerator=
 serviced - $75 for the guy to walk through the door, and then=
 the hourly + parts fees started accumulating.

Terry Farrell
Dean wrote:

(snip)

The big frustration with these systems is when you go out to a=
 regular client (churches, usually) and find the system unplugged=
 or dry and the piano +/- 15 cents. Then what do you do? I=
 usually eat the lost appointment, plug it in/fill it up, and=
 reschedule for two weeks. Sometimes I will change the pads and=
 charge $25 for a service call and pad change so it is not a=
 total loss.

(snip)