Advice on using powdered Teflon?

antares antares@euronet.nl
Fri, 14 Jan 2005 22:16:30 +0100

On 14-jan-05, at 4:25, George Whitty wrote:

> Hi, all:
>
>    I note in the "glues, lubricants, etc." thread that people like the
> powdered teflon;  I ordered a bottle of it and am wondering how you're
> all
> getting it to stick.  I tried putting it on a couple things with a
> little
> brush, but it seems to just kind of fall right off, unlike my bottle of
> ready-mixed graphite/alcohol...
>
> Thanks,
> G Whitty

OK, I use a big piece of cheap felt, about 1 inch thick, on which I put
some teflon powder.
Wit my finger I push the powder into the felt so that it becomes a
smear.
Then I pull all the hammers upwards and apply the teflon by rubbing it
into and onto the rollers.\
Just go along the rollers with the smeared surface of the chunk of felt.
It will stay a long time this way and it will hardly spill into the
action because you really rub it in.

friendly greetings
from
André Oorebeek