Pitch Raise and String Breakage

Dean May deanmay@pianorebuilders.com
Fri, 14 Jan 2005 11:20:56 -0500

>>Could you tell us where you get your "cord locks"? How about a photo?
Walmart?

I get them at the TruValue hardware store. I think they come 2 to a package.
They are white plastic, about 1/4" wide and as long as the plate cover is
wide. They come with a longer plate screw. You take out the original plate
screw and attach with the longer screw provided. Once the lock is in place,
you can lift up the end and slide the power cord underneath, trapping it
when you release the end. If you don't leave much slack in the cord it makes
it pretty hard to unplug. Yet it can still be done with enough force, or by
lifting the end of the lock and sliding the wire back out.

The way it is set up it can trap 2 wires, one on each end.

Blessings,

Dean