Yamahas C7 out of the box

antares antares@euronet.nl
Wed, 12 Jan 2005 18:56:41 +0100

I have been working for Yamaha quite some time and I am familiar with
what Richard was describing.
Basically it is like this :
The instrument is manufactured, of course in Hamamatsu.
It is then shipped to a distribution center 'somewhere' else.
During that voyage instruments usually react to changes in temperature
and humidity and that's why they need a service check in a distribution
center.
In that distribution center there are people who check these
instruments before they go to the dealers.
For a check up there is an allowance for a limited time.
The final quality depends on the training and technical capacities of
the hired technicians in the distribution center.
Most of the technicians working in those distribution centers have
never had any training in Hamamatsu.

The level of training in the Academy is very high, and usually on a
higher level than in the distribution centers.

EAR