Yamahas C7 out of the box

Wed, 12 Jan 2005 09:45:20 +0100

Quentin Codevelle wrote:

> Hi Ric,
>
> If you've seen other problems with Yamaha grand pianos at the dealer's
> shop, maybe yamaha decide to send their bad instruments to this
> particular man !
> Don't you think it is possible?

Could be... we have a rather pekant dealership situation here in this
country, with two main players. The Oslo based dealership is owned and
operated by folks that used to run the import of Yamahas in Norway, and
they have the inside track still. He seems to have embarked on a policy
of pricing his instruments so low that local dealerships simply can not
compete so as to gain a monopoly on sales in Norway.  On the other
hand... looks to me like these things are still in the boxes they were
shipped in from Japan... in which case the local dealer gets whatever
comes out.

> They must choose which pianos they send to one particular dealer.
> If this dealer is fine, well known and wants to do the best, they will
> give him the better ones.
> And if another dealer wants to make BS, then they will give him the
> worst models.
>
> Just a thought !

I think as I mentioned in my other post, that perhaps my own demands
have been raised over the years. So, it would be interesting to hear a
more detailed description of what is done and how long it takes from
other techs around the world when boxing open grands and getting them
preped for sale.

> Quentin

> PS: fortunately, the shop I work for has very good relationships with
> Yamaha, maybe that is why the grands are fine just out of the box.

Cheers
RicB