advice on Chickering

Denele Campbell dcampbell@sprynet.com
Sun, 9 Jan 2005 07:19:17 -0600

The owner of a 1839 Chickering square grand is interested in selling. My =
personal take on all squares is to convert them into anything but a =
piano, but she believes it has value. She has a letter dated 1937 from =
Chickering, in which they confirm the manufacture date and the =
purchaser, Mr. I. J. MacMichael at Natchez Mississippi. This woman =
(Sallisaw OK) bought it from a lawyer who bought it from Natchez.=20

It has not been restored. There is a stool she believes is original. Is =
there any market for such a beast? What price range? Please contact me =
directly at dcampbell@sprynet.com

Thanks --=20
Denele Campbell
Pitts Piano Service Inc.