Nordiska, Story & Clark

Paul McCloud pmc033@earthlink.net
Fri, 7 Jan 2005 08:41:55 -0800

I work for a Nordiska dealer, and have been to the Geneva headquarters for training on them.  The quality is excellent for the price.  They do have some minor issues (occasional tight hammerflanges, key bushings) but overall pretty good.  We sell a lot of them.  I've worked on a few Story &Clark, not impressive, but ok.  Nordiskas are much better, IMHO.  Some models have Renner actions and Kluge keysets which are very nice.  I don't work on Pearl Rivers, so I've nothing to say about them.
Paul McCloud
San Diego

----- Original Message -----
From: Porritt, David
To: Pianotech
Sent: 01/07/2005 7:29:30 AM
Subject: Nordiska, Story & Clark

I have a caller who is looking at low priced and small “baby grands” (don’t you hate that term).  She has seen the Nordiska and Story & Clark Chinese pianos and asked me about them.  Does anyone have any experience with these pianos as opposed to things like Pearl River?  Her budget is not going to get her a grand piano in a much higher quality bracket.  Any information would be better than my no information.

Thanks,

dave

David M. Porritt, RPT
Meadows School of the Arts