Front punchings

Fri, 07 Jan 2005 11:15:39 +0100

Jack Houweling wrote:

> Hello
>
> Back in November Andre was talking about his Front Punchings and was
> going to send out some samples and sets.  I am interested in them but
> would like to get an update on their effectiveness.
>
> Thanks,
> Jack Houweling

I took five sets with me last time I was down there.  I am very happy
with them. They yeild a very nice feel to the key bottoming out...
pleasant kind of firmness.  Not the kind of thing I used to pay much
attention to but that sensation varies quite a bit more then perhaps
many are aware of.  There are also other concerns relating to the
condition of the punchings that we have disscussed several times so I
wont go into them again here. But the set that I've had on longest is on
a Steinway B that sees perhaps 20 hours a week relative hard usage. They
still perform as new after over a year now.

Andre will be glad to send you some I'm sure. These are his babies :)

Cheers
RicB