DC alternative; was humidistat

Wed, 05 Jan 2005 19:29:14 +0100

Didnt look to me like these were the same thing really as the DC
humidistat. The first one had a manual control for choosing between
humidify / de-humidify, and the second one had a not so dissimiliar
function. Looked like neither had an automatic relay that switched back
and forth between humidify and dehumidify.

Too bad too... I've been lately musing around with the idea of finding
an alternative to the DC system... at least for grands.  Keeping tank
water at 5 degrees C warmer then room temperature will provide all the
local humidity you want, without pads to wick the water up to a warming
element. This, and building it as a stand alone unit, would allow for a
much larger tank, easier service, and less electronics to go bad.
Probably a bit less expensive to market and sell as well.

So, when you mentioned the <<compatable>> humidistat I got real
interested :)

Well... something will pop up.