artist bench

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Wed, 05 Jan 2005 09:16:29 -0800

After getting various feedback both on/off list regarding these "offshore"
artist benches, that DO seem like a good deal for the money (and I was
thinking about one of these for my own personal use only), I've decided to
buy the real thing...Jansen! thanks to all.

Terry Peterson

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Joe Garrett" <joegarrett@earthlink.net>
To: "pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: Re: artist bench
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 09:16:38 -0800

Terry Peterson asked: "Just wondering if anyone's heard of this
company, or have seen these benches
up close, or have an opinion on them at all. Sure looks good, especially for
the price!"

Terry,
In my experience, most of the Artist's Benches made "off shore"
are truly lacking in longevity! The mechanism(s) are really funky/poorly
designed and made. I provide Paul Jansen Benches to my clients, exclusively.
If they can't afford them then.....? A GOOD bench will last Many Years. I
tuned for a concert by the Canadian Boys Choir recently, the bench, provided
by the local H.S. Choir Director was one of those Off Shore thingees. In the
middle of the concert, the damned thing let loose and bottomed out! Yikes!
Fortunately, the piano player was a professional and he didn't miss a
beat.<G> The audience was not too happy about it, though! (Many
comments after the concert!)
Best regards,
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police