back check wires

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Wed, 05 Jan 2005 10:00:37 -0600

At 16:05 1/5/2005 +0100, you wrote:
>Conrad Hoffsommer wrote:
>
>>There's more money in automotive spare parts than in complete autos...
>>my 1.375¢
>

>Yeah, you can just see all those pre grads and highschoolers humming in
>their P22's down to the corner piano parts store or the nearest Chucks PPS
>on saturday mornings to pick up the latest Nipon Gakki High Beam Blue Ice
>Candalabras. You can almost hear the buzz of the guys chewin the fat about
>whether to bore out them bushings to fit the latest 1.35 bore glassed
>carbon fiber centers. How exciting when the ocasional CF 111 with custom
>Michelean Tomcat Track Ionized rubber casters drives into the lot looking
>to drop the mega bucks on a set of phospor bronzed brass agraffes with
>platninum plated carbon steel inserts....
>
>Yep... Yamaha is definantly loosin out big time by not placing their bets
>on parts stores.... :)
>
>Cheers
>RicB

Yup, but if I'd (or, forsooth, any of the other techs on the list who've
seen the rave reviews of Yamaha parts) want to use really good dampers,
etc. on a re-whatevering project, I'm/we're SOL...

Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT, MPT, CCT, PFP, ACS, CRS.
Decorah, IA

- Certified Calibration Technician for Bio-powered Digitally Activated
Lever Action Tone Generation Systems.
- Pianotech Flamesuit Purveyor
- American Curmudgeon Society - Apprentice Member and Founder