career

Matt Sylvest matt_sylvest@yahoo.com
Tue, 4 Jan 2005 12:29:44 -0800 (PST)

<<For those who became techs after a first career, what did this first
career
consist in? What was your job?
I'm just curious about this! This is interesting.
Quentin>>

Greetings List.  As a true newcomer to this business, I've been keeping my mouth shut and learning from your postings - thanks for letting me listen in.

On this subject I can reply - I have a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (fluid dynamics and heat transfer), spent a few years in the Navy, studied computational fluid dynamics in grad school, worked as a Unix sytem administrator for Texas A&M University for a couple of years, and now I write software (mostly Java) in the Portland, OR area.

I'm eagerly pursuing this latest career with what time I have.  I look forward to getting far enough along to start cutting back on the day job.

Thanks again for letting me listen in, List.
Matt Sylvest
Sylvest Piano Services
matt_sylvest@yahoo.com