back check wires

Porritt, David dporritt@mail.smu.edu
Tue, 4 Jan 2005 12:45:30 -0600

Andre:

=20

Can you guys in Europe get Yamaha parts without specifying which piano =
it is to be used?  We here in the US can only order parts from Yamaha =
for Yamaha pianos made for our market. =20

=20

dave

=20

________________________________

From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On =
Behalf Of antares
Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2005 12:40 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: back check wires

=20

On 4-jan-05, at 17:32, Richard Brekne wrote:=20

	=20

	Hi folks=20

	=20

	Doing a rebuild on an Petrof 235 and it looks like I I have a choice of =
replacing back check wires with 2.9 mm diameters, or use the existing =
size of 2.5 mm along with some resizing of the holes in the keys. The =
existing wires are bent in every which way you can imagine and loose in =
the keys.=20

	=20

	What I would like to get opinions on is whether or not any of you have =
any preferences in regards to diameter of the wire. Thicker means =
stronger... not necessarily a good thing...=20

	=20

	So whataya whataya ??=20

	=20

	Thanks=20

	=20

	RicB=20

	=20

=20

Ricardo,=20

=20

We (Grand Piano) nowadays only use Yamaha back checks for any grand =
piano.=20

Why?=20

=20

1. They are very good=20