careers

James Grebe pianoman@accessus.net
Tue, 4 Jan 2005 07:29:16 -0600

Hi All,
When I graduated high school I had no idea what I would do.  I went to the
city teachers college and I guess I would have become a teacher till I took
the piano lesson course to teach you how to play the music for elementary
school.  A light bulb went off and decided I wanted to do something with
pianos.  I wrote letters to all the large firms asking about apprentice
programs.  The only answer I got was form Aeolian Co. of  Mo.  That was in
the spring of 1962.  I graduated with an A.A., on a Friday and started with
Aeolian on June 14, 1962.  Worked in the rebuilding shop and then found a
tuner to teach me to tune on weeknights and Saturdays.  Here it is, just
tomorrow from there.
James Grebe
Piano-Forte Tuning & Repair
Creator of Handsome Hardwood Caster Cups
(314) 608-4137
WWW.JamesGrebe.com
1526 Raspberry Lane
Arnold, MO 63010