average age tech./ migrated from..

Carl Teplitski koko99@shaw.ca
Mon, 03 Jan 2005 17:29:23 -0600

I started in the music business as an accordion apprentise with a fairly
large,
high standard, music school. ( 10hr. days )    Family business wouldn't
allow for much
advance, so I explored other avenues for my skills. Piano seemed like
the logical thing.
There was no conflict of interest while I learned piano. I joined the
CAPT in western Canada,
and obtained much, very valuable knowledge at these convention / seminars.
Jim Coleman / Rick Baldissen were 2 guest techs. at some of these .  Met
Jim  2 or 3
times, and that was when I realized how much I didn't know !!!    We
also had some very
excellent techs. right here, in our own tuners association. ( e.g. Roger
Jolly , comes to mind.)
Could probably name 10 other fine RPTs. "  THIS LIST  "   has been
invaluable for obtaining
knowledge,  and was refered to me by a local RPT.  It never fails to
amaze me how intelligent our
guys are, and also how willing they are to share their knowledge.  An
RPT friend who passed
away sometime ago, was in the piano tuners business for about 70 years.
( 21 to 91  )
Sooooooooo what is average age--   Most guys I know are in their 30s,
to 70s.

Carl / Winnipeg