average age? / no such thing

Carl Teplitski koko99@shaw.ca
Sun, 02 Jan 2005 21:56:59 -0600

GOOD FOR YOU !!  Makes some of us feel like maybe we can maintain a normal
working  environment for a lot longer than we thought. The general
feeling is that
once you reach a certain age, " you're toast !! " What a crock that is.
I feel great and
intend to keep working for as long as my skills are able to earn me
enough money to
pay for my membership at my golf club, where I'm still in the top 2% of
the better
players.  I'm treated better by most of the guys now, than when I was
younger.
I think many of these same people like to see me still playing  [pretty
well,]  so it makes
them think they can , also.  We all start to feel our mortality ,  as we
get older.
We all have to go someday, but I plan to resist it as long as possible.
One way , is to
keep working, and hopefully, father time will ignore us .

A fellow asked me if I had done this work all my life  . My answer was
,   " NOT YET  ".

I am 70, and married to the same lady for 47 years.

I  expect to send a similar message , 10 years from now, and hopefully
you are all
here to read it.

Carl / Winnipeg.