average age?/ ? ? ?

Carl Teplitski koko99@shaw.ca
Sun, 02 Jan 2005 20:09:45 -0600

   One of the finest tuners in our  area passed away 1 1/2 yrs. ago, and
said he
did a little work at 88.  He was 91 when he left us, and if able , he
would have
worked to the very end  Came along with me to see how my Accu - Tuner
worked.
At this particular church tuning, he watched me, and when I finished
tuning the bass,
starting at A0, he didn't believe it could be any good. Well he did some
tests, and
agreed that it was as good as he could do, or for that matter, ever
did.  He didn't hear
very well , and saw very poorly, but where the piano was concerned, he
could hear, OK.
Of course, he could not stand and work for an extended time, and was
generally
in pretty poor shape, physically.     Out of approximately 20 tuners
here, 2 are  about
75,  another two72, and a third  70.   Rest of the guys are  40s, and
50s. Can't talk about
the lady tuners, because if we asked, I'm sure they are all 28. ( grin )

            " same as my wife. "

   " Best of the holiday season to all "

Carl /Winnipeg.