average age?

Nichols nicho@zianet.com
Sun, 02 Jan 2005 16:13:20 -0700

Home office info from about a year ago........
Demographics
10% of PTG members are female.
55% are Registered Piano Technicians.
95% list themselves as piano technicians.
5% are rebuilders, manufacturers, dealers, and hobbyist with rebuilders
being the largest group.
56 is the average age of a PTG member.
28% are 60 years old or more.
8% are under 40.
95% renewed membership for 2004 (an outstanding rate for a membership
organization.
22% of members live in Region 1 (NE).
34% of members live in either Region 2 (SE) or 4 (CE).  These two regions
are approximately
the same size.
40 (on average) Associates become RPTs each year.

Regards,
Guy Nichols, RPT
Trade Relations Committee, PTG