Hyundai Action Centers

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Sun, 2 Jan 2005 10:10:40 EST

That would certainly explain it.  I think it's a heat activated process as
well.  I don't know if it's pin plating or graphite, but it looks like graphite
to me.  I assume the heat gums it up and causes the center to seize.

I work on one where I've replaced probably half the pins in hammers and
whips.  The Samick I tune is about the same age as your Hyundai, and also sits in a
big picture window where it gets baked every day.

Dave Stahl