Hyundai Action Centers

Terry terry@farrellpiano.com
Sat, 1 Jan 2005 11:39:39 -0500

Went to service a 5-year-old (about) Hyundai small grand the other day. =
Many action centers are very sluggish (to the point of not functioning) =
on the rep levers, jacks and back-action flanges (none of the hammer or =
wippen flanges seem to be affected). Is anyone familiar with any known =
problem with action centers on these pianos? (I'm thinking of something =
like the known center pin plating problem on some Samicks.) Just trying =
to find out if any known problem like this exists before I dig into it.

FWIW, the (black) piano has been sitting in direct sunlight =
(arrrgggggg!) for several years. The side of it was so hot I could not =
keep my hand on it! They indicated they will be moving it to the other =
side of the room before I return.....

Terry Farrell