Up & down vs; side to side string motion was; false beats from ?? -...

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Sat, 31 Dec 2005 17:40:47 -0600

> However,  I have just tried an experiment with my Bechstein (top treble
> break) and by putting a screwdriver between the stings just before the
> string passes into the agraffe on the bearing pad, gently forcing the
> string to the left, I also get no beating.  Wazzup??
>
> ric

Don't know. I've never had a Bechstein in my clientele to play with,
so I'm not familiar with any of their specific idiosyncrasies. But
note, I've never said loose pins were the only cause of string
noises, just the most likely in the capo sections. What sort of beat
is it? Can you make the beat go away by any other means - pushing on
the agraffe top, for instance, or touching the string in front of
the agraffe with your finger?

Ron N