Sharp Buffing

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Fri, 30 Dec 2005 17:33:19 -0500

I used the White Rouge buffing compound from Pianotek. Looking at their =
catalog, I see that the white rouge is recommended for plastic and =
metals. They also offer a Black Rouge specifically for ebony sharps. =
While the white stuff seemed to work quite well for the sharps, maybe =
next time I give the black rouge a whirl and see if it offers any =
advantage.

Yes they did look a bit brownish before - I think just the dull finish =
gave it that appearance.

Terry Farrell
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  Did you use any compound, or polish? They looked brownish, before.
  They do look good.
  John M. Ross
  Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
  jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
    ----- Original Message -----=20
    Amazing what a quick turn on the buffing wheel will do to a set of =
sharps! These are from a lightly-used 1938 Baldwin M grand.

    Terry Farrell