Steinway rebuild parts supplier poll.

Nichols nicho@zianet.com
Thu, 29 Dec 2005 23:14:34 -0700

Evenin', sirs. Sorry to return late. Yes, 1,1,1, tri-cloro-ethane, used to
wash OLD cloth that has had verdigris. Haven't used it on new cloth.
Hardware stores (not big box) and paint stores had it.
"Years past" was, and is, as Ron points out, the operative phrase. Burns
the skin a bit, but washes clear with soapy water.  Wouldn't wanna get it
in my eyes......
http://www.nsc.org/library/chemical/111-Tric.htm
It's very nasty stuff, and a lot of us used very nasty stuff years ago
because we didn't know any better. We also use much much smaller quantities
than other industries use. Heck.... in the old days, our parents fed us,
bathed us, and housed us in a toxic circus. And WE turned out
oh.....oh......oh......oh.....-----    kay. Right?

And now, I'm getting prone. Just .... talk amongst yourselves.
G'night,
Guy