Steinway rebuild parts supplier poll.

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Thu, 29 Dec 2005 16:02:44 EST

Well Guy....... what ees dees majic Pohtion maaan. Wees  all be wantin to
know it for suure  Tell us da voodoo secret..
  Da-el

Well,  Dale, as we say here-bouts........ Nada. Zip. No-ting.
We replace the  cloth and the pins, and we haven't had any problems. Perhaps
our 18% ambient  RH helps. Don't know. We've been rebushing S&S verdigris
parts for six  years, although much more in the last year, and haven't gotten any
feedback  about re-infection. In years past (30ish), I never had  any problem
even when I just repinned, so long as I washed the cloth with  1,1,1, TCE. Not
the friendliest stuff to have around, but effective and  safe when used
carefully.