Holiday Greetings

John Formsma john@formsmapiano.com
Wed, 28 Dec 2005 22:54:46 -0600

David,

Didn't know where it came from. It was sent to me by a friend. Love the
addition of "choice of computer platform." :-)

John Formsma

  _____

From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of David Skolnik
Sent: Wednesday, December 28, 2005 3:58 AM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: Holiday Greetings

John -
You chose not to credit the source of your posted Holiday Greetings.  This
was the first prize winner of the first Brian Lehrer Audio Holiday Card
Slam, on WNYC  Public Radio, originally read on 12/23/05, contributed by
"Corky, from Queens".  It would appear to be an aural transcription, since
some of the original has been omitted.  You can hear it read by going to the
following site and going down to "listen" at the "Open Phones" section.

http://www.wnyc.org/shows/bl/episodes/12262005   (You can fast forward to
exactly 3 minutes into the segment)

Now, if she, in fact plagiarized the piece, well now, that would be quite
scandalous.

Nevertheless, I felt a worthy contribution reflecting the tenor of the
times.

David Skolnik

PS.  For Duaine Hechler,  an important omission was made in quoting one
line:

And without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability,
religious faith, CHOICE OF COMPUTER PLATFORM, or sexual preference of the
wishee.