Questions/Replys

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Wed, 28 Dec 2005 18:52:42 -0600

> I just noticed something that has recently started with some of y'all:
> you'll send me question or response privately, (or so it seems) and then
> lo and behold the same thingee is on the Digest! Me....assuming that the
> post was PRIVATE, I respond privately rather than post to the "list".
> This is most confusing and oft-times deprives the "list" of the
> response.(AND, I darned sure ain't gunna chew my oatmeal TWICE!<G>) What
> the heck is that!????? PLEASE! Do one or the other....NOT BOTH, Thanks!!!
> Regards,
>

> Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)

Joe,
Oatmeal coming back up on you? This has been going on from day one,
and I agree that it's an unnecessary annoyance. Some folks are using
mail programs that address replies both to the poster of the replied
to message, and the list. I have no idea why they would want to, or
if they are even aware it is happening. Anyone - Is there a sensible
reason for this double posting that I'm unaware of? I notice both
pianotech's address and yours in the "To" field with this reply. I
don't know why, because that isn't usual, so I've deleted yours.
Wouldn't it be nice if our systems did the same thing twice in a row
so we could at least get used to the idiosyncrasies instead of
wondering where the random and seemingly arbitrary effects came
from? If we paid for the wasted bandwidth of double posting (and we
do, ultimately), this, and ten word 8K HTML messages with another 10
or 40K of undeleted nested replies would be a lot less common.

Well, maybe.

Ron N