false beats from ?? -...

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Tue, 27 Dec 2005 21:32:05 +0100

Hi Carl.

I agree wholeheartedly... Whose nose :)

That said... I agree that both changing wires and the addition of CA or
expoxy to a bridge pin hole seem to have the highest success rate when
it comes to solving false beats of a variety of sorts.  Appropriate
string seating follows as a rather distant number 3 in my book... but I
keep it there. I have yet to notice any real help from dinking around
with the back scale... at least not as far as the kind of false beat
this thread is most concerned with goes.

Cheers
RicB

Carl teplitski

Not much has been written lately, re. the fact that more times than not,
false beats have been evident when the wire seems
to be "not" in contact with the bridge. That is why I will tap the wire
to have it make conract. It's always in contact with
the pin, even when in an elvated position..  I have seated the string,
tapped the pin, and still had a false beat.  Tightened the
coils sometimes, to get a different result. None of these things seemed
conclusive.  Changing wire was one of the best ways
to improve the problem,  . . not always.   Whose nose .

Carl / Winnipeg