Know when you're licked

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Mon, 26 Dec 2005 23:04:28 -0600

> Hey Ron,
>
> I hosted Christmas dinner for my side of the family.  I mentioned your
> experience with the llamas and included my guess that their behavior
> could have been due to road salt--"either that, or they were taken away
> from
> their mothers too soon."  To which my sister-in-law said, "Llamas with
> issues..."  :-)

Probably road salt. No other indication of premature weaning, other
then the tongue prints on the headlights...

Sorry, it's late and I'm propriety challenged, among other things.
<G> (And I LOVE visuals - vivid enough?)

> Darn, there were a few other comments which I wish I could remember now,
> but we all had a good chuckle.  I think the conversation went on next about
> alpacas and camels that spit when they are mad.  Anyway, thanks for the
> entertainment.
>
> Barbara Richmond, RPT

You're welcome, I guess. Though if I had my druthers, I'd remain
un-licked, and you could go fish for entertainment. I trust you
understand. Schedule considered, I still haven't made it to the car
wash, but it's up on the wheel just any time now. The weather's nice
tomorrow, so I'm about out of excuses. Meanwhile, I remember an
episode when I was a kid (OK, a SHORTER, less hairy kid), on
vacation with the folks. At one of the ubiquitous road-side zoos and
tourista protein deposits, I warned my mother (in typically
obnoxious fashion) that the featured llama extant at the stop de
jure would surely spit on her if she got close. In the time honored
tradition of mothers used to dealing with obnoxious kids through
time immemorial, she took it under advisement, IE, ignored it, and
was gloriously sprayed at extremely close range as a result. A level
10 soak! This was a vacation-making episode for the aforementioned
kid. VERY gratifying to a low-teen obnoxious creature, and I still
tend to gloat about it in a background sort of way as the
opportunity presents itself. We lower life forms get what mileage we
can from our few triumphs, as we may. We all have warts. and this is
one of mine.

Bracing for tomorrow's scrubbing, meanwhile,
Ron N