Stolen Pianos

Phil Bondi phil@philbondi.com
Sat, 24 Dec 2005 07:44:20 -0500

This message was caught in the filters this morning. The sender's email
address is:

 "Rob & Helen Goodale" <rrg@unlv.nevada.edu>

My apologies if you receive this more than once. I am trying to send
this to as many people as efficiently as possible.

I will let Rob know which lists his post was sent to.

-Phil, admin for the week

Hello Everyone,
I haven't been on the list for a long time and still remain off, but I =
am posting this important announcement.

There have been two pianos stolen in Las Vegas that you are requested to =
be on the look out for.  They were in a large cargo trailer and belong =
to Family Music Center in Las Vegas, Nevada.

The first is a new Bergman TG-175 ebony polish, serial number TG0015086. =
 It has a PianoDisc player system installed.  The last 4 digits of the =
player are 2709.  We are confirming what the entire number was.  We know =
that the thieves broke in twice.  The first time they stole the control =
box and speakers and then returned and took the whole piano; so, it is =
possible that the control box and/or speakers are missing.  If the =
control box is gone, the serial can also be found on the power supply.  =
We are confirming the speaker serial numbers.  PianoDisc will be =
notified as well.

The second piano was a 1941 Howard grand, serial 310241.  This was a =
customer owned contract move. =20

Obviously the skids, blankets, and straps were also part of the loss.

We are informing the local technicians and other dealers directly, but =
it is possible that the piano will be laundered out of state.  SOMEBODY =
has to tune it sooner or later, so please keep an eye out for it.  If =
you come across this piano DO NOT confront the customer, (who may have =
purchased it unknowingly).  Tune it and quietly leave.  Then please =
immediately contact Family Music Centers at (702) 435-4080.  Ask for =
either Bob Riley, Don Jersey, Jim Mason, or Scott Grossclose.  If you =
have any further questions you may contact me directly at (702) =
275-4034.

Thank you very much!

Rob Goodale, RPT