false beats from ?? -...

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Thu, 22 Dec 2005 17:33:51 -0600

> While we're on the subject, does anyone have any evidence that it is
> better to have as little bridge pin standing above the cap as is
> practical?  I have heard this from one reliable source but would like to
> corroborate it.
>
> Alan Eder, RPT

Not me. The evidence I've accumulated indicates no quantifiable
difference. There just doesn't seem to be any cause and effect
relationship between pin height and sound production that I can
find. The pins standing up too high look goofy, but they don't sound
any different than pins driven deeper. What is "better" about
shorter, and what does your reliable source base the claim on?

Ron N