How to explain a pitch adjustment..and!

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Wed, 21 Dec 2005 09:37:03 -0800

<<Then why talk about moving the pins at all--if it confused me--it would
confuse a client.>>

Never had a "confused" client yet; I simply tell them that After the intial
pitch change (large pins movements which increase tension the most and will
effect previously tuned notes) only the smallest adjustments are then
neccessary in the fine tuning stage that will not change previously tuned
notes.

Terry Peterson

----Original Message Follows----
From: Don <pianotuna@yahoo.com>
To: Pianotech <pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: Re: How to explain a pitch adjustment..and!
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 08:37:55

Hi Terry,

Then why talk about moving the pins at all--if it confused me--it would
confuse a client.

By the way I think the pins flagpole in the block under tension and do
contribute in that fashion to instability.

As far as DC systems go I'm waiting longer and longer--3 months to six
months if I can--and find that some changes are still happening after a
year.

At 08:14 PM 12/20/2005 -0800, you wrote:
 ><<Are you suggesting that tuning pin movement is the source of pitch
 >instability after pitch correction?>>
 >
 >Nope. It's the change in TENSION precipitated by the excessive pin
movements
 >(during the PR) that cause instability. When large amounts of tension are
 >added,(which can and often is THOUSANDS of pounds!) the piano must
 >distribute this tension; it does not do so immediately, as we know.
 >Similarly, after installing a DC I will always let the piano aclimate for
at
 >least two weeks before tuning, as the pitch will almost always drop,
 >sometimes substantially). IF the client is going to play the piano only
 >occasioanlly, I will then schedule the next tuning in 6 months .
 >
 >Terry Peterson

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@yahoo.com	http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7