Source for CA glue

John Ross jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
Mon, 19 Dec 2005 22:15:44 -0400

I use the tips that fit over the end of the bottle, it is really a fine extension. Allows maximum control, I used to use a syringe, and needle, but with this, no need for refilling of the syringe.
The hobby shop carries them.
I get mine in packs of 5. Cheap enough to throw away, if they plug up.
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Dean May
  To: 'Pianotech'
  Sent: Monday, December 19, 2005 10:03 PM
  Subject: RE: Source for CA glue

  I usually always buy from Kwick Kleen: http://www.kwickkleen.com/ They sell a lot of CA glue. This is important because it insures that what you get is always fresh. This is important as CA has a limited shelf life but it can be prolonged if you refrigerate it. You get a price break if you buy 6 or more bottles of 2 oz. Be sure to also get some accelerator.

  Recently I purchased a large refill bottle from: http://www.centralhobbies.com/building_materials/adhesives/CAbsi102.html So far it seems to work just as well.

  Be sure to buy a couple dozen hypo oilers from Schaff for dispensing. The tips will plug. Just throw it away and break out another. If you give the hypo a little squeeze while it is vertical it will purge the glue out of the tip between uses and keep it from plugging as frequently.

  Dean

  Dean May             cell 812.239.3359

  PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272

  Terre Haute IN  47802