false beats from ?? -...

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Mon, 19 Dec 2005 12:58:59 +0100

Hi Ed

I couldnt agree more with your posting.  The "sometimes" effect of
nearly everything we try clearly shows (to me at least) we still have a
mystery at hand.

It is important however to stay on the same page as to what kind of
falsness we are talking about. For my part all my posts have refered to
this particular single string falseness that is influenced (can be
reduced or increased) by putting a screwdriver on the bridge pin of the
false string and applying pressure.  Even keeping within that scope tho,
all you write holds true.  Like Dale, I find that sometimes only
replacing a string will eliminate the problem.... but by no means
always.  That fact alone is enough for me to start scratching my head
about the loose pin explanation.

Not that it matters so much mind you.  Like you I have this sequence I
go through of tricks to try.  And most often I can make a significant
improvement one way or the other. From that perspective the rather
interesting discussion of exacltly whats causing this kind of falsness
is rather unimportant.  Still, it would be advantagous to identify the
root cause me thinks.  Once identified, a fix that works 100 % of the
time would perhaps present itself.

Cheers and Merry Xmas back to you !

Richard Brekne