false beats from ?? -...

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Sun, 18 Dec 2005 15:42:42 -0800

This was only meant as a reference to why false beats might emanate from =
the
bridge pins.  There are other reasons and string deformation (including
kinks) might very well also contribute to a distortion in how the string
segments divide.

=20

David Love
davidlovepianos@comcast.net=20

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On =
Behalf
Of Erwinspiano@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, December 18, 2005 12:15 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: false beats from ?? -...

=20

  Or as I said in my previous post that nothing you do short of changing =
the
false, overly stretched & deformed string will help. Any body out there
tried this remedy? Or are we only going to consider the bridge pin /ca =
gule
otion?

   Cheers

  Dale Erwin

The cause would be an oscillation of the pin creating, in effect, a =
changing
speaking length and an irregular wave pattern in the vibrating string.  =
Or
something like that. =20