Yamaha action with Steinway/European hammers

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Sat, 17 Dec 2005 21:01:33 EST

Hey Brad
  I installed the Ronsen Wurzen hammers a year ago  on a 30 year old C-3
originally sold by my Father. He & I both serviced  the piano the entire time & I
was never particularly fond of it. Hated the  bass strings. Good board but
nasty hammers. It's in a high use assembly of God  Church so it'll be interesting
to see how its' held up.
   We replaced the Bass strings with  Arledge product & installed the wurzens
... Oh My Goodness what an  awesome transformation. Prefiling installation &
string mating is all that  was required. I'll see it again maybe this week. It
was a very rich &  expensive sounding instrument. WOW! I'll let you know
  Go for it & don't look back
  Dale Erwin

Question  is, does anyone have insights on the benefits of putting different
hammers  (i.e. non hard-pressed types) onto an
excellent Yamaha action?    ( I love the precision of the Japanese/Yamaha,
but I also serve several  pianists who are dyed in the wool Steinway people.
who don't care for the  tone of Asian hammers, even after careful-balanced
voicing).