Advertising budget (who's responsible?)

Steve Ganz steveganz@mailaka.net
Sat, 17 Dec 2005 09:06:49 -0800

whose fault, and the happy ending; this is why pleasing the customer in
every case I call my advertising budget.  I don't put out any money for
normal advertising except the free(?) listing in the phone book.  Yet
through the years I have lost "money" on jobs from time to time in order
to please a customer who was in all probability 'trying to take
advantage of me'.  Yet by doing so, willingly, I have found that my
reputation has steadily grown and now I have all the work I can do or
want.  Now obviuosly I still have to do the best work I can, and
adverising isn't everything.  Yet by pleasing the customer every time I
have developed a confidence that I can please the customers.  This is a
great help in selling the work, this confidence.  Now my work is
rebuilding.  I am asking the customer to pay me a lot of money on my say
so that the will be happy with the product when I am done.  Without
confidence it is hard to sell this work.  Always pleasing the customers,
even when I'm 'right' and they are 'wrong' gets around the neighborhood
and really helps the business.  Just look at the 'loss' as your
advertising budget.
Steve Ganz