re; I will never tune the same way again!

Richard Eldon BARBER bassooner42@yahoo.com
Fri, 16 Dec 2005 14:40:26 -0800 (PST)

At the suggestion of a senior tuner, Ive been tuning pure fifths
outside the temperment octave.  And for the bass, I always tune big
octaves to align overtones.

Anyone care to comment on changing string strike points/line to vary
overtones?   How can I go about experimenting in a non destructive
manner?  (grand action)

Richard Barber
Morgan Hill, CA

quote:KeyKat88@aol.com  KeyKat88@aol.com
Fri, 16 Dec 2005 16:35:21 EST
              At the suggestion of a senior tuner, today I tried
stretching
all the octaves, in my tuning and WOW what a difference in the power of
the
tuning!  Anyone have a similar experience? I guess what I did is closer
to 'Just'
tuning on those octaves, also the 5ths are cleaner. What a difference!

Julie
Reading, PA