I will never tune the same way again!

Alan Barnard tune4u@earthlink.net
Fri, 16 Dec 2005 16:19:30 -0600

Please define "stretching," i.e., from what? How much? 5ths are cleaner, okay, how busy are the 4ths? 4ths still close to identical up and down the scale? 5ths on the wide side in the bass? 3rds and 6ths pretty zippy?

Alan Barnard
Salem, Missouri

To: pianotech@ptg.org
Sent: 12/16/2005 3:35:21 PM
Subject: I will never tune the same way again!

Greettings,

              At the suggestion of a senior tuner, today I tried stretching all the octaves, in my tuning and WOW what a difference in the power of the tuning!  Anyone have a similar experience? I guess what I did is closer to 'Just' tuning on those octaves, also the 5ths are cleaner. What a difference!

Julie
Reading, PA