who's responsible?

Jon Page jonpage@comcast.net
Thu, 15 Dec 2005 23:23:19 -0500

Here's what happened today, apropos to this topic; where would the
liability lie...
something else of which to be mindful.

Removed the fallboard and placed it on the floor out of the way,
in front of a chair against the wall, near the piano.
The lady wanted to place a basket of letters from the dining room
on that chair.  As I'm tuning I catch her out of the corner of my eye
as I hear her foot hit the fallboard and she almost tripped.

Is it my fault for not telling her the fallboard is in plain sight on
the floor?
After all, the action had been out to squeeze in a few drifted damper leads.

So who's responsible for watching where she is going?

I suppose it wouldn't hurt to mention that something is out of place
in otherwise familiar surroundings.
--

Regards,

Jon Page