Piano Software

Cy Shuster 741662027@theshusters.org
Thu, 15 Dec 2005 19:49:50 -0500

Open source is a wonderful thing, but probably not of much direct help for
most of us if it's in, say, C++... and also doesn't guarantee a
non-proprietary data format.  You'll have the data format if you want to
write your own exporter, but... (maybe someone else would).

--Cy--

----- Original Message -----
From: "Greg Newell" <gnewell@ameritech.net>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2005 8:24 AM
Subject: Re: Piano Software

Duaine,
         This is all well and good. I wish that all software were open.
Sadly, it';s not, but even if it were I have a business to run. I just
can't devote that much time to tinkering with software. I need something
that works, works NOW, and will be stable for the future. Hopefully
something I have complete access to so I can make alterations to my data on
a more global scale etc. Again, sadly, it doesn't exist.

best,
Greg Newell