who's responsible?

BobDavis88@aol.com BobDavis88@aol.com
Thu, 15 Dec 2005 16:40:12 EST

In a message dated 12/14/2005 9:25:26 PM Pacific Standard Time,
pianolover88@hotmail.com writes:
Yes, I left the desk out in my haste, But am I responsible for the
Houskeeper's actions?
No, but yes. I think the only possible alternative, if the homeowner is
feeling reasonable, would be to ask if she thinks if it would be fair to split the
cost (with her, not with the housekeeper), since you were not the direct cause
but the indirect. However ("But for your actions...etc."), you still have to
be cheerfully willing to eat it all anyway , purely for business reasons. Just
part of the overhead, and you'll get P. R. points for eating it gracefully.

Bob Davis