Piano Service Software

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Wed, 14 Dec 2005 15:40:36 -0800

I use MS Excel. Does all need; pure and simple.

Terry Peterson

----Original Message Follows----
From: Greg Newell <gnewell@ameritech.net>
To: Pianotech <pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: Re: Piano Service Software
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 16:45:12 -0500

John,
         I've been printing invoices on the spot for years with PTBiz but I
too am looking for a way out. You're correct that not all info will transfer
to virtually any other program. I've bought a copy of FileMaker pro hoping
to build my own database program but haven't quit every other bleeding thing
in my miserable life in order to convert all my waking hours into becoming
proficient with FileMaker pro. Whatever way I finally go it will be where I
am beholding to no one. No dongles, no hasps, no software keys and no one
individual responsible for the whole program. I'm sure the other previously
mentioned programs are all quite good in their own way but I won't tie
myself up like that again. As others have mentioned I am faced with
transferring quite a lot of information and I really don't want to do it
more than once. 3,000 clients and 21 years of invoices threatens to take
quite a while.

best,
Greg