Regluing Hammers

Dean May deanmay@pianorebuilders.com
Sun, 11 Dec 2005 18:10:27 -0500

Come on, Joe. 99% of these actions we are doing this to will never see a
new set of hammers, never. Shop time is very expensive. CA enables us to
do the job quickly and economically for our customers.

Dean
Dean May             cell 812.239.3359
PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272
Terre Haute IN  47802

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Joseph Garrett
Sent: Sunday, December 11, 2005 12:53 PM
To: pianotech
Subject: Re: Regluing Hammers

William Benjamin said: "
The way to be sure is to turn the action with the hammers down and use
CA
glue, that works on every type of glue."

William,
And when you have to REPLACE those hammers?!!!!! Yikes!!!! Best include
new shanks, because the CA will not allow nice removal!
CA glue, or any other glue, is not the know-all, be-all for certain
jobs. CA does have it's place, HOWEVER, not in action work, IMO!!!!!

Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I