regluing hammers

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Sat, 10 Dec 2005 9:50:58 -0800

Isaac,
Does vinegar work on any glue?
David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, California

Original message
From: "Isaac Sadigursky"
To: Pianotech
Subject: RE: regluing hammers

Hi,Brian! To reglue loose hammer heads just apply some vinegar on the g=
lue joint and 12 minutes later it will re-juvenate the glue and will be=
 hard again.This trick I had learned long time ago from late Bob Russel=
l and shared it in many of my classes and it made it to the Journal,als=
o.It works!!! Also,to remove hammers or to loosen weak glue joint-use v=
inegar and 4 minutes later it easely comes apart.Works on loose-sqaky c=
hairs and antique furniture.Also,you can do it in the piano without rem=
oving the action and taking it to your shop... Good Luck!! Isaac