Compliments to LA Concert Tech

Joel A. Jones jajones2@wisc.edu
Sat, 10 Dec 2005 09:18:16 -0600

Phil,

SOP  ?   I doubt any of us live long enough to see credits  for
  the piano technician on recordings, program, or live broadcasts, etc.

At my former University It almost took an act of congress to have
the production staff listed on the programs.  But, we now have the
recording engineer, piano technician, concert manager, etc. on
the concert programs.

  I tuned for a weekly live broadcast where the entire
radio staff was acknowledged, but not one word about the
piano technician who rebuilt  the piano and tuned every
week.   <grrrrrrrrr> .  However, during their annual on air fund
raiser It was emphasized how much piano tuning cost
for the production of the concert series.

I add to Braid White that not only are we the 'unseen artist',
but also the unknown.

There I feel alot better       :-)

Joel

Joel Jones, RPT