Bass Players

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Thu, 08 Dec 2005 10:27:20 -0600

> Dear Mr.Garrett:
>
> Since you are not a bashful person, in your humble opinion, why do you
> think..I said think..that people like yourself who's primary instrument
> deals with the lower registers of the audio spectrum become piano techs?
>
> A curious Rook mind,
>
> -Phil Bondi(Fl)

This is very peculiar, and all this time I thought it was just
retired band directors. I don't play bass anything, but I was always
the one who heard the low frequency sounds of trucks driving by
three blocks away, and the cars down the block warming up in the
driveway, air conditioners, and such. That subliminal "thrum"
doesn't bother most folks, but it always did me. Other tuners too,
it seems. Very interesting. Now, is that mostly aural tuners, or
ETD? Are folks who never learned to tune aurally bass-centric?

This is cool. Aberrant psychology is fun.

Ron N