Butt Spring Repair

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Wed, 7 Dec 2005 06:48:20 -0500

Excellent. Yes, the repair springs - that's the ticket.

Jon Page suggested replacing all springs - indeed, that would be best - =
and I really don't like taking shortcuts - but in this case the lady =
wants to sell the piano and simply wants to "make those few keys work". =
Also, the remaining springs appear free of any corrosion - I think the =
reason the few had broken was because someone had lost an object down =
there and twisted/bent the springs while removing the object - the other =
springs appear very clean.

And besides, I already gave her a fee for simply screwing on a few =
replacement springs.

Terry Farrell
  ----- Original Message -----=20

  Schaff page 107, top two left items, page 105 for Kimball type, page =
99 for repair springs which may be what you want.

  Alan Barnard
  Salem, Missouri

    ----- Original Message -----=20

    I have a console action in my shop that has just a few butt springs =
that need replacement. I've replaced an entire rail of upright springs, =
but what's the easiest way to replace just a few? I don't see the repair =
butt springs in any of the catalogs.

    Thanks.

    Terry Farrell